Sunday, October 19, 2014

weekend recap

hi hello! we had a fun & busy weekend..i started off the weekend hosting a thirty-one party on friday night. my friend jennifer, has just become a thirty-one consultant so this was her first party.  we had lasagna, pizza, caesar salad, breadsticks, cupcakes, and wine spritzer. YUM! and i didn't take one picture the whole night. :( the bags and prints for fall are super cute, i can't wait to get mine! check out thirty-one here.

saturday morning, we went in the ministry for a little while, then came home and relaxed. sadie rode in her barbie jeep while mike heated up some lasagna for us for lunch. isn't lasagna SO much better the second day?! i took a quick nap while mike watched football and sadie "rested" (played dress up in her room). then sadie went to nana's house to spend the evening with them, while mike and i got ready for our date night/anniversary dinner. before heading to dinner, i stopped by ulta to pick up a few things i've been needing like kenra hot spray, my favorite pureology shampoo, eyeliner, and i picked up an opi polish called malaga wine-so pretty & fallish!

speaking of nail polish..before we left i painted my nails opi's you don't know jacques..love this color!
we had a few minutes, so we browsed through the shops in spice downtown, then we were off to diamondback's for dinner. here's my white russian cocktail..
 my food was delish! a steak and the most amazing macaroni and cheese

 it is SO completely dark in the restaurant so here are our attempts at a picture!! 
 haha! hello flash! 
 and...i have a flash of light running through the center of my head! ha!
so after our dinner, we tossed around the idea of a movie or dessert at the country club and just decided heb truffles and a redbox movie it was! #we'reoldandtired
but it really was a wonderful *12th* anniversary dinner. love you honey!
 at breakfast on sunday morning with our favorite little 4 year old. on the menu was pumpkin toast, bacon (of course ;) and a strawberry banana smoothie.
 then it was time to plan my week! is it crazy how happy a blank week in my planner and my colored pens make me?!


and here's the finished week. it's going to be good & busy!


susanne and i had a text convo about hair and i showed her this pic of how i would like to fix my hair while i'm growing it out. but somehow my real hair never turns out as cute as my pinterest pics!


we went to our meeting sunday afternoon, then picked up take out from mama fu's on the way home.  sadie was in bed early & so were we! 

happy monday to you :)


4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you're blogging again. I haven't seen a picture of Sadie in forever! Looks like you guys had a nice anniversary dinner date. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks me too! Sadie's getting so grown up, I'll have to tell you about a funny conversation we had yesterday! We had a really nice date night :)

      Delete
  2. I love the new family photo at the top of your blog. I hope you had a wonderful anniversary.

    ReplyDelete